Thursday 11 March 2010

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

So yesterday turned into one of the best days I've had for ages.
Got to work and sitting on my desk was a big brown parcel. I dived in and promptly modelled my new Ebay purchase around the office. Super bargain and I didn't even realise I had won it - thought I'd just been watching it, then totally forgot all about it and wham, bam, thank you mam, there it was sitting on my desk - ya beauty!Worked like a trojan all day long, so rewarded myself by 'finishing' at 4 o'clock. Did some blog-reading then decided to sketch out (like a child!) my new tattoo design. Logged off and popped into town to meet my pal as she finished work.


We gabbed, fixed our hair, applied more slap and headed off to the Glasgow School of Art Fashion Show. We arrived fashionably late - too late to get a seat, but early enough to grab two half pints of cider and black - can't get your hands round a full pint whilst wearing a fist full of rings and carrying an almighty handbag. Lights dim and the show starts. Second Year are first up.

Bright, bold colours and some fun styling. I'm loving the ORANGE this season! Just bought some Illamasqua lipstick in Blaze.


THIRD YEAR
THE GOOD
Vinyl hooded capes - super hero crossed with a shower curtain - ace! Loved these.


This whole collection was divine - beautiful, sumptuous fabrics and well structured. I want the Little Green Riding Hood coat in the centre.


THE BAD
On the right - hand-knitted peach trousers. No - just NO!


THE UGLYBare mid-riff? Really? Baaaaddd...

Show ends and we decide to have another wee sneaky half pint and grab a seat before heading to the Boutique to see what's on offer. We buy lovely wee handmade heart brooches designed by Maggie McNab - one each. Then totter off to get the bus home. While making our way all the way along Sauchiehall Street then down Buchanan Street, Lou Lou turns to me and pops the question, "would you like to be my Maid of Honour?" After lots of squeels and hugs and leaky eyes I, of course, accept! I'm chuffed to bits and grinning like the Cheshire Cat. Lots of pretty dress shopping to come - watch this space.

2 comments:

  1. interesting review! it's good seeing fresh talents in fashion! the peach trousers are no-no, i agree with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the peach trousers are kind of ghetto and cool... but defo agree with the midriff!!!

    Paddy☮

    Click here to visit me at LITTLE RAZZI blog!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...