Friday 11 February 2011

Friend Friday - Colour Wars!

After reading lots of great responses to this week's Modly Chic Friend Friday questions, I've decided to take part. This week, the topic is COLOUR. No outfit post from me today as I've been giving guided tours of the ship all day in the rain and I'm a mess. But, if the sun shines in Glasgow again over the weekend I'll hunt out a nice bright outfit to wear!

Here goes...

1. What color dominates your closet? At the moment grey is the new black. I moved away from black and towards grey when I dyed my hair black about 9 years ago. I also moved in with Mr G and Lydia (white persian pussy cat!) and black became a nightmare! Purple and turquoise also feature, but very little red - not a big fan.

2. If money weren’t an issue how would you change the color emphasis in your closet? I don't think money has anything to do with my colour choices - it's not as though bright colourful clothes don't exist in Primark...

3. What is your mantra about mixing colors? As a rule, I generally try to incorporate at least 3 colours into every outfit. Just 2 colours (including black, grey and white here) kinda leave you looking a bit like a bumble bee - even if yellow isn't one of them! I'd love to go for 5 or 6 different colours, but you really gotta have skill to pull that off - like my pal Clatty Natty!

4. For you, how do you incorporate color into your outfits? ACCESSORIES! A great scarf with various colours in it always helps. But I'll happily throw on coloured tights as well. In fact, up until recently I never owned a pair of black boots -they were all either grey or coloured. And I definitely don't own a pair of plain black shoes. They've got to be gold or silver in the summer and I wear boots all winter.

5. Which blogger(s) do you think do a good job of incorporating color into their wardrobe? Stella Rose from Confessions of a Female Drag Queen does colour to the max and not forgetting Sleekit who can always rock some lovely brights. For full on colour I'll always look to Japanese Street Style for inspiration. And Emma Bell or Betsey Johnson for colourful designers.





3 comments:

  1. I do wear a lot of black and white myself, and also love grey. But I'm really looking forward to this new crop of summer brights hot off the runway...they can even be goth'd up when worn with black.

    Love these links too...thanks for some new bloggers and the label Emma Bell...gonna check them out now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Glad you like the links x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers for the shout out luv

    Sleekit x

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...