Thursday 9 December 2010

As Cold As Ice






I know everyone in the UK is sick of seeing snow photos, but after trecking across sheet ice for miles to get to work yesterday, I had to take a few shots from around the site.
The first few photos show the River Clyde. It has been so cold that even though it's a salt water river, it has frozen right the way across. The last two photos are shots of the smaller river, the Kelvin that feeds the Clyde from the west. It has frozen almost solid and looks stunning.

7 comments:

  1. I'm not sick of them! Especially since London only had a measly 2 days worth. I love the photos of the Clyde, icy water is so pretty. Looks FREEZING though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pics and your DMs

    No need to pay to skate on George Square when you can skate across the clyde eh

    Sleekit x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice photos :) the snow and ice is so beautiful, until you think of the mega disruption it's caused! I saw some seriously big icicles hanging at Charing Cross, they looked fearsome! I'd pick non-frozen pipes over pretty white scenery any day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was wondering how the Kelvin was looking up there in Ultima Thule. Stay warm and dry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Watching the frozen clyde slink past me the past couple of days has been so surreal! Ice and snowy pictures are always so pretty to look at, but a nightmare to get about in as weve all found out :( I finally got home last night and back in this morning, but queen street station was in absolute chaos! your peacock tattoo sounds lovely :) you are brave! need to share pics when its done dude :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I kind of like how the ice looks, my drive to work is much prettier!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh the clyde the clyde the wonderful...........freezing so cold bitter sweet clyyyydeee...great shots doll lol

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...