There are a few rules that must be adhered to first:
- Thank the person that gave you the award :)
- Share seven facts about yourself
- Give the award to 7 other bloggers
This is actually quite difficult cos I've been babbling on about myself on this here wee blog for almost a year and there's not much left that a lot of you don't already know, but I'll give it my best shot!
- My biggest fashion influence over the years has always been music. The two things are inextricably linked for me.
- Courtney Love was my first ever style icon and I think that now I'm 30, I can finally pull off the kinderwhore look. At 13 I just looked like a podgy wee lassie that her mum dressed in Laura Ashley babydoll dresses - not cute and certainly not Rock n Roll...
- Although I constantly refer to my fave bands being the Manics, Rachel Stamp, Hole, Motley Crue etc my 'CD collection' hides all sorts of dirty wee secrets. Does anyone in the UK remember the mid-90s pop explosion that was 'Romo'?? You would have to have bought Melody Maker on 9th March 1996 to know what I'm babbling about. Basically Romo (Romantic Modernism) was a club movement in London that got picked up by Melody Maker journalist, Simon Price and bands like Orlando, Plastic Fantastic, Dex Dexter and Viva shot to instant fame (well, they got plastered all over my bedroom wall as I dreamed about running off to London just so I could hang out at Club Skinny...) Needless to say, the 'movement' didn't really take off, but to this day I still have Orlando's 'Passive Soul' album on my iPod. Just discovered that Romo has a wikipedia entry!!!
- Simon Price is my hero. He taught me everything I know! (and has a Stay Beautiful tattoo like mine)
- I am a life long fan of British TV programmes 'Casualty' and 'Holby City'. I never miss an episode.
- I have a genuine phobia of baby sweetcorn - seriously - even typing the words has left me with sweaty palms. 'Baby' food in general freaks me out - baby cucumber being another, but the 'corn really takes the biscuit - it's just downright evil and embarassing...
- Like Freya, I too am a natural blonde!
I would like to pass on this award to all of you, but rules are rules, so in no particular order:
Gin In Teacups
Lips Tits Teeth Hips
Bee Waits For No One
Thanks again to Freya for passing on the award xx