Monday 21 November 2011

Coffee And A Catch Up?

Another week has passed with no posts - sorry! Here's a wee photo round up of what I've been up to over the past 10 days or so...

These pics were taken on Friday night at our friends' "This is NOT a wedding party" wedding party. Like most weddings, things had gotten a trifle messy as early as 10pm. The booze was flowing, the choons were banging and the feet were dancin. Top night.

Sara Berman dress (Ebay bargain) // Ebay tartan leggings // Westwood for Melissa rocking horse shoes // choker and studded gloves were gifted
Outfit was inspired by D&G's tartan on tartan from A/W 2008 - check out my Pinterest board.

Me and ma grrrrls

 Starbucks Grande Praline Mocha to go

The wedding was a happy end to an otherwise pretty emotional week. Wednesday was my paternal grandfather's funeral. Although a sad occasion, lots of good came of it. My dad's family live over 300 miles from Glasgow so, Tuesday was road trip day. Me, my brother, mum and dad all piled into the car and headed off down south. I think this was the first time the four of us have really spent any proper time together since I left home 13 years ago. Mum had made sandwiches which we ate out the boot of the car whilst stopped at various service stations along the way - topped up with praline mochas from Starbucks and Krispy Kreme doughnuts - a novelty to us north of the border - you just cannae get them in Scotland...


Due to the distance between us, I'd only met my cousins once in the past so it was great to finally meet properly, see their home town and hear loads of stories about them growing up.

Chelsea, Sam (my brother), Jamie, me and Tami. Vicki is missing from the photo - she had toddled off to put baby Xander to bed. Oh! You can see my new boots in this photo too. I opted for the more affordable version - proper post to follow.

I mentioned a few posts ago about my new plans to re-train as a florist and that this used to be my Grandma's career. While we were visiting last week, a sad time was turned into a happier one when I broke this news to my Grandma. She was delighted and excited for me and went rummaging for old books and boxes of silk flowers and foliage - which were promptly put in the boot of my dad's car and driven the 300 miles back to Glasgow. Thanks to Grandma I've got everything I need to get started!

3 comments:

  1. I really missed your photos darling!!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. KRISPY KREME!! I kinda miss those.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your leggings!

    XOXO, BECCA
    http://www.fashion-train.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...