Saturday 7 January 2012

Sale Fail

I'm usually an absolute whizz at the sales. I've got my technique nailed, and 9 times out of 10 I always manage to bag a bloody good bargain. This year however, I think my mojo has been blown away in the recent storms...

December 28th
I chummed up with one of my best pals to brave the weather and hit the shops. This is very restrained for me. I'm usually gagging to get in there ASAP. Maybe this was the first sign of my waivering abilities?

Armed with my list - ALWAYS have a list, and generally speaking, always manage to stick to it, we headed straight for Frasers. First stop Origins for a nicely packaged gift box with an even nicer discount. RESULT. Next on the list was 'leather jacket, long sleeves and collar'. Well, I'd already had a good hunt online and couldn't find anything so it was no surprise that the stores didn't yield any goodies either. The only other najor item on my list was 'new phone'. But that's not really a girly shopping experience, so that was quickly dropped and the hunt was on for 'something I've seen full price but knew would go into sale'. I had about £70 budget to play with. Headed straight for the Label Lab concession asI'd spotted this wee beauty last month:


Do I need another fake fur coat?? Do I hell, but this was reduced from £110 to £65 - bargaintastic! And it's soooooo soft! Shopping trip over, Christina and I headed to the pub for some 'light refreshments'. Got home, admittedly a little bit squiffy, immediately donned my new purchased and swanned around the flat like Cruella on coke, pestering the life out of Mr G:

"It's so pretty! Feel it - it's soooooo soft! Feel it! Feel it!"

Only to realise at this point that I'd been rattling him about the face with the security tag... Oops! I would normally go on a rant about now complaining wildly about incompetant staff n all, but the girl that served me was cute as a button - looked just like Angelica, so, I forgive her. I folded the coat away with the intention of returning in the New Year to have the tag removed.

Hogmanay (Dec 31st)
I'm sat sat at the computer, sipping on my (3rd) glass of Cava and casually reading through everyone else's New Year's resolutions. I (automatically) opened a new tab and begin to browse for 'leather jacket'- just in case...

... what popped up? Only THEE Sara Berman jacket I've been after for e-ons reduced from £439 to £154!! Long sleeves - check. Collar - check. Not to mention the leopard print lining and massive fringed sleeves (that are REMOVABLE *squeal*). After a brief "Should I? Shouldn't I?" moment, the jacket was in the 'bag' and the transaction completed within 2 minutes - Happy New Year Madame G! If I return the £65 fur coat to Frasers, that will bring the price of the Berman down to under £100 - which was my sale budget anyway (does anyone else's mind work this way??)




January 2nd
The BBC reports the worst storm to hit Glasgow for decades. Roofs are being ripped off, trees are blocking roads. But I need to return my fur coat. I'll wait til after lunch - it'll have calmed down by then. Two o'clock and I'm proudly battering against the wind heading into town. Place is deserted - brilliant! Nip straight into Frasers, explain about the security tag, get an apology and promptly return the coat. Have a wee wander through the store, ohh-ing and ahh-ing at the MAC counter then decide to treat myself to a Starbucks - last one before the NY fasting. Order a Grande 'fat' latte and get comfy - nice and quiet. Whip out my phone to check the old facebook, twitter, the usual. Get an email alert:

"Hi Lisa
 I am very sorry, but the Salamander Rose Fringe Jacket is from our SS11 collection and this jacket sold our in our SS11 sale. I have spoken to our IT department and they are not sure, how this product was still available for purchase.
 Once again I am very sorry and we will refund the full amount, today.
 Kindest regards"

Noooooooo!!! Absolutely gutted. Now I have NO Berman and NO fur coat :-( 
Epic sale fail.
I was on the verge of leaving town with nothing. This can't be happening. I never leave town with nothing. What can I do? 

Jump into the nearest O2 shop and cross off the last niggling item on 'the list' - New Phone. Swapped my 2 year old iPhone 3G for a swanky new ceramic white Samsung Galaxy S2. Phone was free and my contract has almost halfed - RESULT - finally!

January 5th
Still miffed at my lack of sale bargains. It's late night shopping. Trudge through All Saints - nothing. Urban Outfitters - nada. New Look? Treasure trove! Trundled into the fitting rooms with 7 possibilities and came out with 3 'gotta have it's'. A long line orange pussy bow blouse (£8), a floral summer dress (£5) - easily transformed with a chunky cardigan and a pair of Docs, and a yellow plaid jacket - £44.99 down to £10. Now that's more like it! It's not quite the Beckerman jacket that I've been lusting after for years, but it's a pretty good knock-off version of Chris Benz's A/W 2010 one that was spotted on Iman and a few other slebs. And did I mention it was a tenner - a tenner!!




Beckerman sisters // Chris Benz

Also sporting my new 'dangly' earrings. Amazing Galibardy skeletons which were a birthday present from my fantastic brother and his equally fantastic fiance - thanks Sam and Laura!

Have no idea what's going on with my face in this one. Putting it down to squinting at the incredibly bright flash produced by my new phone. P.S. These pics were taken by Mr G using said new phone :-)


3 comments:

  1. Urgh I hate when you buy something online and pay for it thinking its yours then get a dreaded 'out of stock' or whatever email :( The jacket you got looks lovely on and those earrings are AMAZING! I am a skeleton fiend so they are going on my wishlist. You are a braver girl than me as I still haven't went into town to check out the sales! :P xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sucks about the jacket!! But the yellow jacket is neat too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is some bad luck with the jackets :( The plaid jacket does look awesome on you though! I generally don't do sales, I often go into town with good intentions, then wimp out when I see the craziness it brings out in shoppers!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...