Thursday 3 May 2012

Wedding Flowers

My wonderful cousin tied the knot at the end of March and I was (very kindly) asked to make buttonholes and corsages for various family members. Here are the results:

Bag corsages for my mum and nana using two of my current favourite plants, eryngium (sea holly) and leather fern. You cannae beat a good fern!

A simple buttonhole for my dad. Special request "Don't give me anything pink and flowery"...

My Daaaady... As you can see, he's well on the mend. Thank you to everyone who wished him well earlier this year. It was a bit touch and go for a while. You can also catch a glimpse of my brother, Sam (beard and braces) and his fiance, Laura in the background - Laura's wearing her wrist corsage (below)


A lovely bright and fun wrist corsage with a germini and some chrysants for Laura (hopefully by their wedding next year I'll be able to do ALL the flowers!)

Something pink and flowery - for Mr G. I was desperate for a pale peach rose, but on the day, and after hoofing around no less than 5 different florists, this was the best of the bunch. We kinda matched, if you were wearing sunglasses.

And last, but not least, a wee spare because I'd wired too many sea holly, so this wee guy was gifted to my uncle on the day.

 The beautiful couple, Ruth and Thomas.

And the one and only half decent photo of me. Got lost in all the excitement of buttonholes and cava to get any actual outfit pics - sorry!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are actually incredible! you have come on so quickly! v talented mrs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...