Thursday 10 March 2011

Dervishes In Space

At the moment, fashion films seem to float my boat way more than runway shows or editorials. I think I respond much more an overall concept, rather than just the clothes themselves. Maybe it's just cos it's kinda new and different. Anyway, here's a wee trilogy of videos about three futuristic space travelers. When their space station crosses an unknown energy field, the astrogirls are transcended into a hyper-reality where their innermost desires and fears become uncannily vivid. It reminds me of contemporary Japanese artist, Mariko Mori's Miko no Inori video and Wave UFO where visitors enter the pod and exchange brainwaves with one another! I've never had a chance to see any of Mori's work except one small piece at the Centre Pompidou in Paris, but she's been one of my favourite artists for over 10 years. Have any of you been lucky enough to experience any of Mariko's exhibitions? I'd love to hear more about her work.







Dervishes in Space was Directed by Cristian Straub. Director of Photography: Jakob Suess.

A still from Mariko Mori's Miko no Inori video and the Wave UFO

2 comments:

  1. Ooooooooh I love this post! I've never seen anything like it. I am new to your blog, hope you keep in touch xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Video #1 is what did it for me. I'm a video editor by trade, and that's a perfect example of why I love my craft. Stunning, eye-catching, magical.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...