Sunday 6 March 2011

Solid Gold Safari



Topshop blouse // vintage leather skirt // studded braces and leopard print leggings from H&M // black wedges from TK Maxx // Betsey Johnson snake bracelet


Primark mustard scarf // Topshop leather jacket // Sara Berman bag // studded leather gloves a gift from Denise

Great minds think alike? Denise rocking the amazing Patternity tights that I blogged about just over a week ago! Very jealous!


This weekend has been all about good food, good choons and good company.

Friday night kicked off with me preparing a quick lasagne for one of my best pals and her other half. I'm not much of a cook, but it appeared to go down well. The copious amounts of wine and an overly-indulgent profiterole gateau certainly helped.

Saturday morning was a little rough around the edges but after a rather futile attempt at quiffing my hair I finally ventured out to meet Denise for a little afternoon browsing at Bold Souls. We had a good old rifle through lots of interesting bits and bobs produced by local designers, but to be honest, the over-powering stench of stale booze in the Sub Club was just too much. Perhaps not the best venue for promoting new designers??

Time was getting away from us, so we didn't make the jumble sale - in another club - probably for the best really. Instead we hooked up with a bunch of pals for oodles of udon noodles at Wudon. Cue more booze before we all tottered off to the main event: Solid Gold Safari at The Halt Bar.

Superstar DJ Simonotron was guesting from 6-9pm. A bit early for banging house choons? Not at all! The place was jumping when we arrived so there wasn't much else for it. We dumped our coats, got a round in and joined the party! Great wee day out and home for midnight. Perfect for those of us no longer 20-something.

After last week's over-the-top girly ensemble, I decided I had to balance it out this week with something a bit tougher. Leather, studs and braces. Which look do you prefer? I've added a wee poll widget on my righthand nav bar - VOTE NOW! ;-)

15 comments:

  1. love love love the checked shirt and braces!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an awesome outfit, I love how the shirt is combined with the tights! Mixing prints is so hard to pull off, but you look great! Also, you really suit your hair off your face like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome outfit as always. those braces stole my heart. thankfully i couldn't smell the subby on saturday...heard they'd had a pretty big night there on the friday so.............x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the tights, so cool and I especially love the studded braces!

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous, flawless, amazing, goddess, etc....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your shirt, I think you really suit it! I don't think i've seen you wearing a shirt before - you rock that shit like fashion! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That outfit is awesome! I love the shirt and tights!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that skirt with studded supenders is to die for!!
    evrytime I see your outfit posts I tell myself I should wear more skirts... but maybe I'm just not a skirt type of girl...love the way they look on you though! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So good to see you on Saturday! Let's do my Thursday trip soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. love it! espesh the studded suspenders!

    ReplyDelete
  11. omg, that is truly chic!!! I totally dig wat u r wearing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that bright scarf... so fun! Following your blog now!!

    XO, Liza and Jewls
    I LIVE FOR IT

    ReplyDelete
  13. I personally love the shirt and the braces. Ah! and the tights. Actually, I love how you put the whole look together.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...