Wednesday 2 March 2011

Needles Side Tattoo

My first tattoo, a pretty dodgy black tribal piece on my back, is not very pretty, but it was my first, and therefore, I still like it for what it means to me. The rest are all the impeccable work of Steven Wrigley, with one exception: the beautiful swallows on my feet. These were inked by Kaye from Minerva Tattoo. They're extra special to me because Kaye and I went to school together! Apart from Kaye and Steven, there's not really anyone else I'd go to for another tattoo, unless I can ever get an appointment with the super talented Xoil of Needles Side Tattoo.

Can you spot the difference?

I've been following Xoil for about a year and this morning loads new photos of his amazing, unique style popped up on his facebook page. I thought I'd share some of my favourites. I'll be saving a special spot for him! Hopefully he'll do a guest spot in the UK over the next couple of years. If not, his studio is not far from Geneva - a nice wee weekend break?








15 comments:

  1. These are fucking amazing! I'm struggling to pick a favourite... the hanging shoes? Maybe. or the boom box with the cassette tape. Divine!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with Lou, the one with the hanging shoes is amazing! Your swallows are absolutely gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, those are really cool. I really like the style and the feeling of these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your feet are beautiful. I have swallows on my feet too but they're not as pretty as yours, I think I'm going to get some more added to them as I've never been 100% happy with them.
    The tattoos you posted are awesome, they're so individual and original - my favourite is the flower (poppy?) with the red and the scribble, it's just beautiful.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW.. these are some of the best i've ever seen!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg these tats are amazing!!! but his style is very different from what you normally get and I am not sure if a tat like that would look good next to some more traditional one... what do you think? and btw, your feet are so beautiful!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel the exact same way about my first tattoo dude :) I spotted the teeny difference, is it deliberate? One of my swallows is female and one male (well, meant to be) so they differ slightly but I think im the only one that notices. These are wonderful, nothing like I've ever seen before. Would happily chum you to switz for the weekend :p haha xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are AMAZING! I suggest we organise a short trip to Geneva and bring this Xoil fellow back to Glasgow.
    I couldn't spot a difference in your birds other than 3 little dots! They certainly look different to each other, but I can't put my finger on why...

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are insane! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. yeah...such an amzing show, isn't it?? I have already wacth it too many times :) I never post fashion shows but I had to make an exception with Mugler's one... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. yeah...Gareth is also a star xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. these are such beautiful pieces of art

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very graphic style of tattooing, interesting and original.

    ReplyDelete
  14. xoil is at tattoo jam this august, and is in st ives (cambs) at spellbound also for a guest spot. i have the first booking there with him!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...