Saturday 14 May 2011

Brutal Beauty





Yesterday I endured the final touches to Mr Peacock's plumage. This bad boy started life as simple black outline back in December. Now, 5 months later and after a total of 8 + 1/2 hours under the needle, here he is, in all his glory! He was a 30th birthday pressie from friends and family and I love him to pieces, so thank you to all of you - you know who you are!

Yesterday was the most brutal session - 3 + 1/2 hours filling in all the colour on my ribcage and the flowers next to my armpit and spine - OUCH!! Yes, it was painful - why do people always ask this questions? More specifically though, the bits closest to my waist and my spine were by far the worst. They were 'shout loud sweary words' painful and 'hope you don't knee the tattooist in the face' painful. On a par with my feet. My adrenaline was shot to fuck afterwards, so much so that when I went to pay, my PIN went straight oot ma heed. After feeling like a total fud I had to leave without paying. Epic FAIL. However, after tottering down to the cash machine on a rush of endorphins, it popped right back in and I was able to settle up before heading home to a giant Subway sandwich, 2 Anadin Extra and back to back episodes of ER season 1. Sweet. To top it all off, Mr G arrived home from work with a BOX full of delicious cupcakes - I had to get my sugar levels back up ;)

All the pain and glory was down to Mr Steven Wrigley, son of Terry Wrigley, at his Irezumi studio in Partick, Glasgow. Cheers Steven!

Today kicks off with a wee trip to the cinema to see Thor - I'm only going for the sweeties - and then an attempt to track down some decent hair-dye - even my 70 year old boss at work commented on my roots the other day! Then, after a few more Anadin, it's off to see some sleazy rock n roll courtesy of the Tragic City Thieves - bring it on!

19 comments:

  1. WOW, it looks amazing! Perfect colours and it fits your body shape perfectly!

    Funny that you're going to see Tragic City Thieves, Div and Stu are from the same school as me and live just down the road! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how he wraps around your curves - so beautiful!! The colours are rich and defined and I really like the pink flower (cherry blossom?) and petal details. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow... that is just GORGEOUS. I want more tattoos even more now! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh that is BEAUTIFUL!!! I love the colors! I have a tattoo that I was debating on getting made bigger. I think you just made up my mind for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness it's amazing! So beautiful. I love how happy you look in the last photo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I felt like passing out reading of your pain (super squeamish but want a tattoo!) ... the results are just unbelievable though. What a stunning tattoo! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks fantastic. I really love large bird tattoos on women, and a peacock is perfect!

    The pain sucks, but is totally worth it I think!

    I just had my vulture tattoo finished and that took about 11 hours total. Epic but worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks amazing, really well done! The colours are really beautiful, and it looks awesome next to your hair too! What's next?

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow! this is spectacular! so nice to finally see it completed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks amazing. I have some back work lined up, not lookong forward to bits of it...! Ahh yes, the question - it should be how much, not did it at all!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is well impressive, work of art, stunning and check out the curves on you lady

    Sleekit x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bottom of the spine i found was the sorest when i got my back done,about your feet...im getting mine done in two weeks,whats worse the spine or feet? lol and yes i had to ask.Ive got my big toes done and it knocked me off balance lol
    That is for sure a masterpeice so glad you got it coloured!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey lisa! Just found your blog via Lou's.

    You new tattoo is awesome!! Love it :)
    I got a tattoo done in October by Stephen, he's brilliant isn't he. I shall definitely be going back there for my next one.

    Hope you are well.

    Sian xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. When I had my first tattoo on my ribs it was so bloody painful! Insane pain I wouldn't recommend to anyone!

    Freya
    xxxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. I absolutely LOVE your peacock tattoo!! Has to be the most beautiful one I've ever seen-- absolutely amazing artwork!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow wow wow wow WOW this is STUNNING! I can't stop staring at it! What a star sitting through all that pain - jeeeze, but so worth it!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...