Wednesday 25 August 2010

Britpop?


Britney has teamed with contemporary Japanese artist Takashi Murakami for the front cover of the next issue of Pop magazine. Hmmm...
I've been thinking about this for most of the day (whilst hiding in the bedroom waiting for some 'men' to fit new windows - more about that later). I don't like it. Never been a Britney fan, but always willing to give folks the benefit of the doubt. However, I am a huge Murakami fan and have been for well over ten years. I wrote my Uni dissertation on the Superflat movement and he was the inspiration for my Japanese half sleeve. I've always had reservations about his Louis Vuitton collaboration, but put that down to my distaste for anything brown :(
However, I'm still struggling to enjoy the Murakami/Britney combo in my head. Perhaps I'll reserve full judgement until I've seen the full shoot in print. Pop is out on September 1st.

My Murakami Kaikai doll and my dissertation, "Tokyo Goes Pop! The Explosion of Playfulness in Contemporary Japanese Art"

1 comment:

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...