Tuesday 23 November 2010

These Are A Few Of My Favourite Things

Lover of tea and drag queens, Cowbiscuits, challenged all her followers to write up a post about their favourite things. I could have gone on for hours, but I've tried to keep it to 10 things, in no particular order.

Gareth Pugh
My first, last and always designer. I still get tingles when I look at images from his first degree show. He is a true genius and cute as a button!


Tattoos
I got my first tattoo as soon as I turned 18. My mum spotted it about a year later and stormed out my flat in disgust. I've been asked what they mean to me, but to be honest, I see my tattoos as an extension of fashion. I'll get a new tattoo in the same way I'll decide to get a new hair cut or splurge on a pair of boots. The only one that holds any meaning is my 'Stay Beautiful'. It's a Manic Street Preachers song - my first obsession from age 12 - and it was done on a total whim. Just decided I was gonna get it done and popped into the shop later that week.


Disneyland Paris
Who doesn't love Disney?? This photo was taken in March 2007, on my 3rd trip to DL, just before Mr G popped the question on It's A Small World. Fuck yeah!

Mildred Pierce and Lydia
Our babies. Mildred was a ferral wee kitten with mites in her ears and a problem with self harm. Lydia is half Persian, half something else, with a wonky back end and a problem with puking. But look at them! How could you not love them??!



Eyeliner and Leopard Print
Killing a few birds with one stone here. I have been a dedicated Eye-Liner since I discovered the Manics at the tender age of 12. Along with that came a passion for glam rock, big hair and boys in tight trousers and makeup. Here we have Nikki Sixx of Motley Crue, Will and David from Rachel Stamp and the most beautiful creature of all, Mr Richey James of the Manic Street Preachers.

Glasgow
I moved to Glasgow in 1999 and instantly developed a love/hate relationship with the city. Coming from a small town, the clubs, shops, gigs and freedom were intoxicating, but I couldn't get past the filth on the streets, the neds and all the abuse I got on a daily basis for simply having pink hair. I would dream of escaping to Japan or Paris and finding a job in a swanky modern art gallery.
But, ten years on I have fallen in love with every corner of Glasgow's filthy, sleazy, edgy main streets and back streets. I'll never leave this city. It inspires me every day and after I finish this post I'm off to the West End for vintage delights and cupcake heaven - wrapped in my fake fur and shades!

Sons of Anarchy
My current TV crush - dirty, tattooed men on motorcycles and bad ass bitches - sweet!

Rachel Stamp
Aside from the Manics, my musical obsession takes on the form of Rachel Stamp. I've seen them more than any other band and I never get sick of listening to ANY track. They are perfection. Miss Shaheena Dax is my style icon.

"I was born with a red dress on, I'm a bad motherfucker.
A horny angel with tits of chrome, I love you like no other."






Anyone else fancy sharing their favourite things? Go on - have a bash!
And don't forget to enter my Bumper Bombshell Giveaway before 30th November.

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful blog post today Madame G. I really enjoyed reading this. Love your bones. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great blog post, it's scary how similar we are actually! My top ten would also certainly include Disneyland Paris (I've been 6 times now!) and my tattoos. Eyeliner and leopard print are a satple in my life also. Loved every bit of this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was lovely to bump in to you in town. You were right though....nothing exciting left =(
    I'm pretty sure I love everything on this list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES! Disneyland is amazing I've been to Paris DL 3 times too! I feel the same about tattoos I just want whatever I like the idea of at the time like fashion :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Kiki - I knew we'd have loads in common as soon as I saw your blog wallpaper!

    @ Claire - hi doll, yes it was lovely to bump into you again. Probably for the best that there was no Lanvin left. I'd have blown my Christmas budget on more frocks I never wear :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fellow scottish blogger, yay! :) Haha aww thats pretty awesome your mister proposed to you on its a small world! Ive only been to disneyland paris once but id defo love to go back again soon. awesome ink too missus, where did you get them done - anywhere in glasgow? :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just found your blog and love it. I have swallows on my feet too! Love it that you got proposed to on 'It's a Small World', went on that in the Orlando Disneyland this year and it's so darned cute.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE THIS! I totally agree with almost of all this and it makes me want to go to Glasgow. Can't believe he proposed on Small World - I have the biggest soft spot for that ride.

    I promised myself 2010 would be the year I got my first tattoo but here it is, nearly December, and I'm still unadorned and penniless...

    ▲ WOLF WHISTLE ▲

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...