Saturday 23 April 2011

Tangerine Dream

Primark dress // Sak Label necklace // Mandarin hair dye by Directions // black lipstick by Stargazer // flat hair by Lisa

Been feeling a little underwhelmed with my washed out ginger hair. So I stopped off at the 'goth shop' on the way home from work the other night and snapped up a tub of 'Mandarin' Directions. It's been over 10 years since me and Directions got together and Flamingo Pink was always my partner in crime. Mandarin was always going to be a bit of a shot in the dark - especially on ginger/brown hair and not bleach blonde. The result? As close to mandarin as lime is to lemon, but 'spose it'll do for the now. It's pissing it down with rain in Glasgow today - typical - I'll probably end up looking a little 'tangoed' by the end of the day as it starts to run down the back of my neck...

Couldn't leave said 'goth shop' without splashing out on a stick of £1.50 black Stargazer lippy!

Off to the Electric Frog Festival this evening for a bit of dancing - check out Craig's cool 'Electric Frog' necklace - then, if I can muster enough energy, it's off to MENERGY to dance me socks off to choons by none other than the mighty SIMONOTRON from Hot Mess - woo hoo!!

10 comments:

  1. It looks great! Very shiny. Bright ginger definitely suits you!
    Is the Stargazer lipstick any good? I've never had any success with black lipstick, always been an eyeliner-on-lips person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. its carrot;) carrot is cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun at the Electric Frog Festival! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks good. The Directions dye in Coral Red or something like that comes out quite mandarin coloured, so maybe have a go with that. It isn't at all red, so I presume that none of their colours actually look at all like their names..

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww i always love a good hair colour. i think you look smashing missus. an orangey red...but deff not mandarin. it looks good though. black lipstick forever...got a mac one somewhere, but may need to pick up some strargazer till i stumble across it again.
    have fun at electric frog tonight babe xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks fantastic, really perked up your colour! Back in the days before Manic Panic dye Mandarin was my colour of choice for many years -- at one point I had a VW "Thing" that matched my hair perfectly! Another one you could try is Manic Panic Electric Lava, VERY vibrant and would look fab over your base colour! If you have trouble finding it, let me know, I'm sure I could get some to you. Heehee "The Goth Shop", my daughter was in heaven when Queen Michelle took her there! The kid went wild and got all kinds of kooky swag she still wears all the time! (I'll admit I swiped her red leopard bondage jacket on occasion!) I think one of the main reasons she wants to return to Glasgow is to go shopping there! Boo, missing Glasgow now...
    XXX
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to use Pillar Box Red! And yes, caught in the rain a few times and ended up with a red forehead.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your hair is brilliant, I have heard lots about that dye. Tempted to get some to change my blonde flash now and again, but I'd be worried about getting it all over the bathroom :( xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Its worked out well its a really nice colour i need to re-do the plumness in me hair,you always seem to be having such fun in Glasgow i can barely find anything to do here always bored oot ma heed x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love it and I hope your colour didn't drip too much! I was bright red about a year ago and found I was re-dying every fortnight. Didn't bother me though as I loved the colour. Then I discovered peroxide and life hasn't quite been the same ... xo

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...