Tuesday 9 August 2011

Zen Lifestyle

I'd like to tell you all about the wondrous oasis that is Zen Lifestyle, nestled on the corner of Teviot Place in Edinburgh's old town. On Sunday I was invited along to the award winning salon, skin clinic and day spa for a hot stone massage. Although I've been lucky enough to have visited two very luxurious spas in the past (Blythswood and Cameron House), I've never actually had a massage.


Fiona and her team at Zen made me feel really at ease. After taking my coat (and dripping brolly - it was POURING outside) I was ushered downstairs to the waiting area  - big comfy sofa and the choice of cucumber infused water or peppermint tea. As I have a mild fear of needing the loo at inopportune moments, I declined on this occasion.


Before I could get too comfy, my therapist, Jenny, appeared and led me to the treatment room. A tub of hot stones, a good squirt of the most amazing smelling Elemis oils and an hour later, I honestly thought I wasn't going to be able to lift my arms off the bed - I was so relaxed!

In a state of bliss in the posh loo - I decided to drink a glass of cucumber water afterall!

If you're looking for a wee pampering session for yourself or someone else, take a peek at all the fantastic treatments they have on offer including celebrity must have, HD Brows, Shellac manicures, and some good old microdermabrasion.  My only question is:

When are you opening a salon in Glasgow??

5 comments:

  1. Wow, love that photo of you, you look lovely! Loving your cardigan. Sounds like such a relaxing time, I've never had a massage but I'm feeling tempted, I could do with some 'can't lift your arms off the bed' style relaxation right about now!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aahh, nothing like a proper nice massage and a good spa visit! Having trained as a physio I learned massage, and so often I'm disappointed when I get one - but this sounds like they really knew what they were doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my! what a fancy place!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh darling, this experience sounds much more nice than the DIY one, lol!
    glad you had a fantastic time, I wish I was there to pop in and give it a try myself! :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like that pix, def. a good one :)

    Philippe

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...